Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Who knew....


Who knew that these two items would turn out to be permanently stored in my purse. On Saturday nigh we went to my friend's wedding reception, and Noah had an allergic reaction to something that he ate. He got all red and swollen with hives, he threw up all over the dance floor, he started to cough and was wheezing. Adam, being the smarty pants that he is, knew exactly what to do and ran to the store to get some Benadryl. What a Hero!! It was SOOOO scary for Adam and I. We called our pediatrician, and immediately went to the doctor. They gave us an EPI Pen, that hopefully we don't ever have to use, and we will be taking him to an Allergist soon. Lets hope we have less of that kind of excitement this weekend.

11 comments:

Jill Taylor said...

At least you now know and are prepared. It's always scary not knowing if your kid is allergic to things. Jason had his first bee stings this summer and while very sad, I was glad to find out that he is not allergic to bees. I'm sorry that Noah is allergic to something, hope you can figure out what that is. Can we please get together?

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Poor little Monkey! You guys are great parents!

melissa said...

Poor thing...good to have that epi pen.

Is he allergic to bees too?

Aimee said...

That's not so good. I hope you don't ever have to use the epi pen but it's good to have in case you ever need it! Loves...

Amanda said...

How scary! I would have freaked out I'm sure. I hope the allergist can at least identify what it is so you can try to advoid it from happening again. Poor little guy. Nothing is scarier or sadder then when are kids are sick. At least you are prepared now! :) Hope to see you soon!

Lynch said...

You are right. At least we know what to stay away from now with him. I don't know about bee's though. Hopefully not!!

Chad and Kristen said...

Oh so scary!!! Now you know, and thank goodness for modern medicine!!!

Miranda said...

I'm glad he is okay. Have you thought about practicing the epi pen on adam? hehehe that could be fun!!! ;)

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Good idea Mir!

Kelley Rae said...

Good thinking Adam, I think i would have froze! Poor guy, hope you figure it out soon!

Lisita said...

Oh Jess, I'm so sorry and I truly mean it. We've been there. Did you know that? I have a blog all about it: www.allergylog.blogspot.com
Let me know if there is anything I can do and get him tested on as many things as possible! Good luck.